The Executive Director position is ideal for an experienced, mature professional with a mindfulness meditation practice and a diverse skill set interested in stewarding the growth of an organization and adept at juggling numerous responsibilities and tasks. The available position is part-time at .40 or .50 FTE for the first year, with the expectation that the prospective ED, together with the Board of Directors (BOD), will work to obtain continuing support as well as its future growth in FTE, staffing and programs.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for operations management, marketing/communication and program development activities.
The ED works with the BOD to develop the annual budget, and prioritize, implement and evaluate activities that support its strategic plan. The ED supports the work of the BOD as appropriate and reports to the Board Chair on a weekly basis.
Day-to -day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- fielding email inquiries
- writing proposals to clients for training provision
- assigning and tracking training opportunities for potential affiliate trainers
- recruiting schools and community organizations interested in engaging mindfulness training
- tracking organization expenditures and revenue
- managing volunteers and committees
- coordinating staffing at relevant statewide professional conferences and community or regional events
- offering presentations and serving on local collaborations
The ED also manages all details related to event planning that occurs several times throughout the year, including but not limited to
- correspondence and contracting with national speakers
- arranging for hosting, lodging and travel arrangements and reimbursements
- event site coordination
- obtaining professional CEUS
- event registration and staffing
The ED provides oversight, maintenance and enhancement of the website of marketing materials, social media initiatives, production of the MC4ME newsletter and annual year-end report.
The ED assists with grant solicitations and fundraising, including but not limited to:
- researching and drafting letters of inquiry to foundations that may support the work of MC4ME
- writing grant proposals
- developing relationships and meeting with potential donors
Desired Qualifications and Skill Set
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing/communications, education, psychology or related area, particularly in the non-profit sector, a Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in program administration, including financial and project management as well as event planning
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, ease in public speaking and facilitating collaborations
- Competence with technology and social media platforms
- Knowledge and/or experience with fund-raising, grant-writing and non-profit organization development
- A personal practice in mindfulness meditation
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, with strong organizational skills
A letter of inquiry outlining qualifications, skills and interest, along with a resume or CV is requested. Interviews will be scheduled in mid-fall. Please send to: info@mc4me with the subject header:
ED Applicant. Please only apply if you reside in southeast Michigan.